Australians and those from these 80 countries now have 3 common ways to get a Vietnam visa including Vietnam visa at the Embassy, Vietnam visa on arrival, and Vietnam e-visa. The first two methods can be familiar while the last is still unclear to many people for its eligibility, how to get, and the e-visa cost as well. The following post will help you answer all the relevant questions, let’s check out!
1. Who are Eligible for Vietnam E-visa?
Besides Vietnam visa on arrival, Vietnam e-visa is also chosen for its convenience but it is applicable for those who enter Vietnam for tourism purposes, single entry and stay in the country for 30 days. Please be noted there are citizens of 81 countries who are allowed to get a Vietnam e-visa only.
Apart from those limits, applicants can submit on online form, and enter Vietnam via both airports, sea ports, or land ports which is much money-saving and preferable by those who just come to the country for traveling, and don’t want to stay long.
2. Which entry & exit checkpoints allow e-Visa holders to enter and exit Vietnam?
E-Visa holders can enter and exit Vietnam through any checkpoint in 33 international checkpoints.
3. How to get a Vietnam e-visa?
Actually the applicants can submit by themselves, directly to the Vietnamese Immigration Department, but it is highly recommended to ask for help from an agency as they will process on behalf of you and deal with any incidents that occurred (if any).
The fee paid for the Vietnam Immigration Department will not be refunded no matter whether your visa is issued or not, so let Vietnam-visa help you to increase the success rate with their 10-year experience in this field.
If you are applying on your own, please have a look at the guide below:
- Access here, fill in all personal information at E-visa/ Foreigners;
- Get the verification code;
- Pay for Vietnam e-visa fee (25 USD) via an online platform;
- Access the application link again, log in with the verification code to check if your visa is issued;
- Bring the printed Vietnam visa letter/ code for entry to Vietnam;
► You can check out detailed Vietnam e-visa application form guide.
4. What does a Vietnam e-visa look like?
A letter of Vietnam e-visa is a document which explain the following details:
- Number, and Code of the Vietnam Electronic visa;
- Full name of the applicant;
- Date of birth;
- Nationality; Sex;
- Passport number; Expiry date of passport;
- Time of validity, showing clearly single entry from which year/ month/ day to which year/ month/ day;
- Port of entry (stating name of airports, seaports, or land ports);
- Purpose on entry;
- Inviting, guaranteeing/ agency organization (if any);
- Granted E-visa accompanying children (if any);
Here is a sample of an e-visa to Vietnam
5. Processing time and cost of Vietnam e-visa
Applicants will have to pay 25 USD only for the process of Vietnam e-visa if they apply directly with the Vietnam Immigration Department. However, this fee is non-refundable even when your visa is not approved.
Applicants will have to wait 3 working days to get the results from the time of successful submission, but this time can be longer during public holidays, so please check it carefully.