Vietnam embassy visa is a good way to get a visa to Vietnam for those who are living in Canberra, as there is one office of embassy of Vietnam here, at the following address:
- 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT, 2606
- Working hours: 09:00 to 17:00, from Monday to Friday, except Australian public holidays, and Vietnamese public holidays.
Here you will get a full guide to get a Vietnam visa in Canberra with the Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam here. The guide is for a tourist visa and business visa.
1. How to Get Vietnam Tourist Visa at Vietnam Embassy in Canberra
To get a tourist visa for Vietnam directly at the embassy of Vietnam in Canberra, Australia, the visa applicants will follow 3 steps below:
Step 1: Prepare the following documents:
- Vietnam visa application form;
- Original passport valid for at least 01 month beyond intended exit date; and
- Visa fee in cash, money order or bank cheque.
Step 2. Submit the visa application
In this step, the visa applicants will need to take all the documents mentioned above to the office of the Vietnam embassy for submission.
After getting the documents checked by the consular officers, the visa applicants will pay the visa fee and get the appointment letter.
Step 3. Receive the visa result
On the appointment date, the visa applicants will travel back to the Vietnam embassy to get the visa result.
2. How to Get Vietnam Business Visa at Vietnam Embassy in Canberra
A procedure to get a business visa for Vietnam at the embassy of Vietnam in Canberra, Australia involves more steps as follows.
Step 1: Request your sponsor company in Vietnam get an Approval letter at Vietnam Immigration Department
In this step, you will need to inform your sponsor company of your personal details as well as your travel plans, including:
- Full name,
- Date of birth,
- Passport number, passport expiry date,
- Proposed dates of entry into and exit from Viet Nam;
- Our name: Vietnam embassy in Canberra as the Vietnamese mission where you will collect your business visa.
Your sponsor will then prepare the necessary papers to work with the Vietnam Immigration Department to get your entry approval letter and send a copy to you.
In case you are visiting Vietnam for a commercial purpose (for example, taking part in a conference or trade fair, meeting with a business partner, etc.), you can skip the step of getting the entry approval letter, but add the Invitation letter from your partner in Vietnam to your application documents.
Step 2. Prepare documents to apply for your business visa to Vietnam
You will need to prepare the following documents:
- A fully filled visa application form with passport-size photo affixed.
- A valid original passport;
- A copy of the Approval Letter of Vietnamese immigration or Invitation letter;
- Visa fee in AUD: Please contact us for details.
Step 3. Submit those documents to our office at 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT, 2606
Please note that our working time is 09:00 to 17:00, from Monday to Friday, except Australian public holidays, and Vietnamese public holidays.
We will check your documents, and collect your visa fee, and then give you an appointment letter in which you will know the time to travel back to our office to get your visa result.
Step 4. Receive the visa result
On the appointment date, you will travel back to the Vietnam embassy to get the visa result.
It normally takes two working days to process a business visa since the date of receipt of the completed application form with required documents and the approval letter from the Department of Immigration (Ministry of Public Security).
Should you have any questions, feel free to let us know.