At present, Australians and almost other nationalities have 3 popular ways to apply for a Vietnam visa including Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy in Australia, Vietnam visa on arrival, and Vietnam e-visa. Of all 3 kinds, the middle one is much more preferable thanks to its convenience in terms of costs, processing time and application procedures. The following post will give you an overview about Vietnam visa on arrival.
1. Who are eligible for a visa on arrival to Vietnam?
Vietnam visa on arrival, or VOA, is a type of visa that will be stamped on the original passport when you land at Vietnam international airports provided that you get your visa approval letter before departure for Vietnam. So the very first condition to apply for this visa is that you will have to enter Vietnam by air only. Other ports of entry like seaports, or land ports will not be applicable.
At the moment, the most common Vietnam visa on arrivals is a Vietnam tourist visa (for tourism purposes), and a Vietnam business visa (for business, conferences, meetings, etc. purposes).
2. Is Vietnam visa on arrival legitimate?
This is the most seen question because applicants are still unsure about the legality of this visa. But please have no worry. Vietnam visa on arrival is 100% legitimate because it is approved and issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department, and it has the same legitimacy as the visa issued at the Vietnam Embassy/ Consulate.
3. Visa on arrival requirements
Vietnam visa on arrival is chosen by most visitors as it requires no documents but just an Internet-connected device like a smartphone or laptop to submit the online application.
However, the applicants are also requested to own the passport which is at least 6 months in validity and 2 blank pages for immigration stamps, and Vietnam visa stamp.
4. Ports of entry
As it is said before, a Vietnam visa on arrival is applicable for those who enter Vietnam via airports. So please have a look at list of ports of entry as below:
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi Capital)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Danang International Airport (Danang)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho)
- Lien Khuong International Airport (Dalat)
- Phu Quoc international airport (Phu Quoc island).
5. VOA processing time
Normally it takes 2 working days to process your application for a Vietnam tourist visa, and 7 working days for a Vietnam business visa. But if you are in a hurry, and would like to choose urgent or super urgent processing, your submission can be carried out in just hours.
6. VOA cost
Applicants will have to pay 2 kinds of fee when applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
- Service fee: paid for the service provider like Vietnam-visa when you submit an online application This fee will be paid online via a 3rd party like PayPal, OnePay, etc. to get a document called Vietnam visa approval letter. This letter will be used for your boarding on flight to Vietnam.
- Stamping fee: paid in cash directly to the Immigration Officer at Vietnam airport. Cash is payable in foreign currencies but it is highly recommended to pay in USD for the best exchange rate.
7. How to get a Vietnam visa on arrival
Obtaining a Vietnam visa on arrival is never so easy by just following these simple steps:
- Fill in the online application form with a visa agent, and then make payment online;
- Get the Vietnam visa approval letter via email;
- Bring original passport, printed approval letter, 2 photos, completed Vietnam entry and exit form, adn cash to get Vietnam visa stamped at Vietnam airport;
- Do customs procedures, and welcome to Vietnam!
8. Vietnam visa on arrival counter photos
Last but not least, there is one more thing you should know about Vietnam visa on arrival. Here come photos of some major visa on arrival counters at Vietnam airport that all VOA letter holders should stay to get their full visa stamp.
Vietnam visa on arrival counter at Noi Bai Airport
Landing visa counter at Tan Son Nhat Airport, HCMC
Visa on arrival counter at Da Nang Airport
Hope you have a deeper understanding about Vietnam visa on arrival. Should you have any questions or assistance, feel free to contact us.