Vietnamese residing in Australia who want to get married can submit an application for marriage registration at the Vietnam Embassy in Canberra, Australia. Check out the guide in the post below for more details.
1. General requirements:
- Applicants do not violate the Article 8 of the 2014 Law on Marriage and Family of Vietnam
2. Required documents
Vietnamese passport holders residing in Canberra, Australia will have to well prepare all papers as follow:
- Declaration form for marriage registration;
- Original and copy of passport;
- 01 health certificate issued by a competent medical authority for less than 6 months, showing applicants are free from infectious diseases, mental illness, HIV, etc.
- 01 certificate of single status issued by the People’s Committee of the commune or place of residence before leaving the country (if applicants are 18 years old or older during the period of residing in the locality).
- In case the applicant for marriage registration has been residing in many different places (both at home in Vietnam and in foreign country), a Declaration of marital status during the period of residence in different places must be submitted. Applicants are requested to take responsibility before the law for the committed content.
- For those previously got married or married but divorced, a copy of the legally effective judgment or decision for divorce must be submitted; In case the divorce judgment or decision is granted by a foreign court or other competent foreign agency, please submit the written confirmation of the divorce in the Civil Status Book in accordance with Vietnam law.
- For those who got previously married but his/her spouse passed away or is declared dead, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- The certification of marital status mentioned above can be confirmed directly in the marriage registration declaration or by a certificate of marital status which is valid for 6 months from the date of confirmation.
- Application fees (paid in cash, Money Order or Bank Check write the beneficiary as “The Embassy of Viet Nam”).
3. Processing time
When all the documents, applicants can submit directly at the Vietnam Embassy in Canberra or by post. However, the applicants still have to be present at the office of the Embassy for signing in the Marriage Registration.
In case of enough papers, the submission will be processed within 10 working days. If there is a requirement of confirmation with authorities in both Vietnam and Australia, the Vietnam Embassy in Canberra will process the application from the day of clarification.
For more assistance of marriage registration, please contact:
- Office Address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT, 2606
- Postal Address: PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607
- Working hours: 09:00 to 17:00, from Monday to Friday
- Telephone: (02) 61694915 or (02) 61694917
- Fax: (02) 61083034