Currently, Vietnam issues electronic visas for citizens of 81 countries with a 1-month visa term and is allowed to enter 33 international border gates of Vietnam. The electronic visa procedures are completely carried out on the Internet environment and computers from registering information to paying and returning visa results.
“Do we need photos for Vietnam e-visa?”. Yes, to apply for a visa, soft copy of your photo is one of the must-have requirements. So how to take photos properly? Let’s find out through the following article!
Portrait photography requirement for Vietnam e-visa
- Size: 4x6cm (2×2 inches).
- Format: JPG, GIF.
- Weight: No more than 2 MB.
- Color: Filters will not be accepted.
- Background: Plain and bright background.
- Lighting: The visa picture should not present forms of glare (like the one caused by a flash) that can make the photo unclear. Lighting should be kept even to avoid shadows.
- Position: Face the camera and relax your shoulders.
- Facial expression: Don’t smile and try to keep a neutral expression and your mouth closed.
- Eyes and glasses: Your eyes should be visible and kept open, looking directly at the camera. This means that glasses are only allowed if they leave your eyes visible. Tinted lenses are not allowed.
- Attire: White clothing should be avoided as it’s likely to blend with the background.
- Scarves and other head accessories: Only scarves and head accessories worn for religious or medical reasons are allowed.
- Hair: Applicants with long haircuts can keep their hair down as long as it doesn’t cover the face.
- Beard: Applicants who normally wear a beard should keep it for the Vietnamese visa photo.
- Recency: The visa photo should be taken no longer than 6 months prior to applying for the Vietnam visa.
For children under 10 years of age, the following exceptions can be made for face height and eye position in photographs:
- The height of the face must be 50 – 80% of the image, equivalent to the size of 22 – 36 mm from the chin to the top of the head, excluding the hair.
- Due to the difficulty in locating the top of the head, passport photos are only rejected when the face height is less than 17 mm or greater than 40 mm.
For infants and young children, the additional exceptions can be made for head position (face-to-face shooting is still needed), expression, eyes and view as well as the center of people on the photo.
Do I need to bring photo if I have a Vietnam e-visa?
No, you don’t need to bring any photo if have a Vietnam e-visa because the photo is uploaded when you apply for a visa through the website and is printed with the visa.
More about Vietnam e-visa