Vietnam has been a hot hub of investment for foreigners when it witnesses thousands of investors coming to launch or develop their projects/ enterprises annually. Entering Vietnam for investment also demands expats to have the valid, consistent Vietnam visa called Vietnam investor visa. The following post will answer all the questions regarding this unfamiliar term for all of you.
1. What is Vietnam investor visa?
Like its name, Vietnam investor visa is a kind of visa issued for foreign investors or lawyers practicing in Vietnam. Vietnam investor visa, or Investor visa, or ĐT visa is divided into 4 smaller kinds, based on the Law No. 51/2019/QH14 of Entry, Exit, Transit Through and Residence in Vietnam for foreigners as below:
- ĐT1: issued for foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of at least VND100 billion, or investing in the business fields and areas of investment incentives decided by the Vietnam Government. ĐT1 can be valid for up to 5 years.
- ĐT2: issued for foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of from VND50 to under VND100 billion, or investing in the business fields of investment encouragement decided by the Vietnam Government. ĐT2 can be valid for up to 3 years.
- ĐT3: issued for foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of from VND3 to under VND50 billion. This kind of investor visa can be valid for up to 3 years.
- ĐT4: issued for foreign investors and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contribution of less than VND3 billion. ĐT4 can be valid for up to 12 months.
Please be reminded that the investor visa can be extended when it expires or the ĐT visa holders can submit an application for the temporary residence card in Vietnam which is valid up to 10 years.
2. How to get Vietnam Investor Visa
Before applying for a Vietnam investor visa, please be reminded that you can get it when you are either in Vietnam or in a foreign country.
2.1. Obtaining Vietnam investor visa in Vietnam
Those who are going apply for a ĐT visa in Vietnam are required to well prepare these papers:
- Application form for Vietnam visa, Vietnam visa extension (Form NA5);
- Registration form for the seal and signature of the legal representative of the enterprise operating in Vietnam (Form NA16);
- Certified copy Certificate of Business Registration, or Investment Registration;
- Certificate of seal specimen registration or a notice on the publication of information on seal specimen of the enterprise on the national enterprise registration portal;
- Original valid passport;
- Registration form of temporary residence;
When all the documents are ready, please submit at 1 of 3 offices of the Vietnam Immigration Department where your company/ enterprise is located, wait for about 5 working days for the result.
The address of Vietnam Immigration Department is presented here:
- Hanoi Immigration office: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District
- Danang Immigration office: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau
- Ho Chi Minh City Immigration office: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3
2.2. Obtaining Vietnam investor visa in foreign country
The most convenient way for getting a Vietnam investor visa in a foreign country is via a Vietnam Embassy/ Consulate or via Vietnam visa on arrival.
The requirements of documents and procedures at different Embassy/ Consulates are various, so it’s highly recommended that you contact them directly for more details.
Applying for a Vietnam visa on arrival is much preferred by most expats due to its advantages against the remaining method.
Via this way, your company/ enterprise in Vietnam will have to submit documents on behalf of you to the Vietnam Immigration Department first, get a document called Vietnam visa approval letter, and you can use the scan/ photo of that approval letter to get on board, and finally get your Vietnam visa stamped on original passport at Vietnam international airports.
The above is all about an investor visa for Vietnam. We will keep you of any update available.